Our management service is made up of three parts: leasing, ongoing management, and maintenance. These services are offered together in a single package. Unfortunately, we are not offering leasing-only services at this time.
We have found that limiting our service area helps us maintain quality, responsive service. To see our current general service area, feel free to view our map.
Before Move In
For a flat fee equal to 50% of one month rent, we handle the process of finding you a qualified tenant. This process includes:
• Providing feedback on your property before listing
• Developing a pricing strategy based on your budget and timeline
• Taking high quality, attractive photos
• Advertising your property across 20+ different websites
• Showing the property
• Screening applicants
• Completing rental paperwork
• Collecting the first month rent and deposit payments
• Performing the move in inspection and handing over keys
After Move In
For a percentage of the gross rent (ranging from 8-10% depending on location, complexity of the property, and other variables), we:
• Hold and account for deposit money held in trust
• Collect rent
• Pay trash/utility bills and homeowner association dues if desired
• Pay owners monthly via check or direct deposit
• Provide 24-hour on call availability for maintenance problems/emergencies
• Perform periodic (typically 2x per year) property inspections
• Assist with tenant retention
• Coordinate vendors (landscaping, pest control, etc)
• Serve tenant notices if they become necessary
• Provide monthly/yearly cash flow statements
• Keep owner informed regarding ongoing maintenance needs of the property
We use a combination of on-staff personnel and outside trusted contractors to handle maintenance needs of our managed properties. This approach allows us strong quality control, an ability to be highly responsive when necessary, and keeps costs low for simple repairs. Maintenance services that are responsive and of high quality are great for routine issues, but are essential when disaster strikes. For example, we have responded:
• When a tenant’s neighbor forgot to set their parking brake and the car rolled down a hill and through the front door of the tenant’s home…two days before Christmas.
• When a tenant called to say that the sewer line was backing up into all sinks and tubs…on Christmas Day.
• When a tenant called to report a gushing water pipe in their wall at midnight during the heaviest point of a snow and ice storm and roads were treacherous.
If your property needs specialized or advanced repairs including plumbing or electrical projects, we will always obtain bids from licensed contractors and vendors who are known for excellent work. If your property needs a significant amount of work or remodeling, ask us about our consulting rates to help you coordinate your project.
If you like to handle repairs/cleaning yourself, we are happy to work with you to minimize your costs.