Our management service is made up of three parts: leasing, ongoing management, and maintenance. These services are offered as a single package. Unfortunately, we are not offering leasing-only services at this time.
Before Move In
For a flat fee equal to 50% of one month rent, we handle the process of finding you a qualified tenant. This process includes:
• Touring your property with you to discuss any recommendations we may have
• Working with you to develop an advertising strategy that is based on your budget and timeline
• Taking high quality pictures for an online “photo tour” of the property
• Advertising your property
• Showing the property to potential tenants at times including evenings/weekends
• Screening applicants
• Completing rental paperwork with your new tenant(s)
• Collecting the first month rent and deposit payments
• Performing the move in inspection and handing over keys
In some situations, we also provide services that are unique to the property. For example, we work with a dog-centered property that accepts all breeds but requires behavior screening of dogs before an application is approved. That’s right – we coordinate dog screening.
After Move In
For a percentage of the gross rent (ranging from 8-10% depending on location, complexity of the property, and other variables), we:
• Hold and account for deposit money held in trust
• Collect rent
• Pay trash/utility bills and homeowner association dues if desired
• Pay owner earned funds via check or direct deposit
• Provide 24-hour on call availability for maintenance problems/emergencies
• Perform ongoing property inspections
• Assist with tenant retention
• Coordinate vendors (landscaping, pest control, etc)
• Serve tenant notices if they become necessary
• Provide monthly/yearly cash flow statements
• Keep owner informed regarding ongoing maintenance needs of the property
As part of ongoing management, we are also happy to perform tasks that come up unexpectedly or are unique to the property. Examples of things we have done include:
• Coordinating mandatory dog walking (included in the rent) for resident dogs
• Coordinating shared trash with a neighboring property
• Dealing with code violation complaints about a property that were actually meant for a neighbor
• Following up with vendors who damage property when performing work
We use a combination of on-staff personnel and outside trusted contractors to handle maintenance needs of our managed properties. This approach allows us strong quality control, an ability to be highly responsive when necessary, and keeps costs low for simple repairs. Maintenance services that are responsive and of high quality are great for routine issues, but are essential when disaster strikes. For example, we have responded:
• When a tenant’s neighbor forgot to set their parking brake and the car rolled down a hill and through the front door of the tenant’s home…two days before Christmas.
• When a tenant called to say that the sewer line was backing up into all sinks and tubs…on Christmas Day.
• When a tenant called to report a gushing water pipe in their wall at midnight during the heaviest point of a snow and ice storm and roads were treacherous.
If your property needs specialized or advanced repairs including plumbing or electrical projects, we will always obtain bids from licensed contractors and vendors who are known for excellent work. If your property needs a significant amount of work or remodeling, ask us about our consulting rates to help you coordinate your project.
If you like to handle repairs/cleaning yourself, we are happy to work with you to minimize your costs.